Use protective gear. Dress right.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing around moving machinery.
- Remove jewelry, gloves, etc. especially around moving machinery.
- Tie back or cover long hair to keep it away from moving machinery.
- Wear only shoes that cover the entire foot, no open-toe shoes or sandals.
- Wear suitable gloves when handling hot objects, glass, or sharp-edged items.
- Safety is your top priority when using the Makerspace. If you are not sure what you are doing, ask.
- Never use a tool unless you’ve been trained to use it safely.
- Do not work in the Makerspace if tired, or in a hurry.
- Do not fool around, startle, or distract anyone (not even with a conversation) while either one of you is using a tool.
- Think through the entire job before starting. Prepare prints or drawings with all dimensions and specifications prior to using machines.
Use tools right.
- Use tools only as they were designed to be used. (A wrench is not a hammer.)
- Never use a broken tool.
- Report any broken tools or machines immediately.
- Do not remove tools from the room.
- Never walk away from a tool that is still on.
- Clean up every time whenever you leave an area.
- Clean and return all tools to where you got them.
We, Makery Staff, promise that we use the technology in the Makerspace to tinker, create and/or innovate – not just to play! And that we take the time to reflect on our creations and the learn process.